Sunday, June 02, 2013

May goals update

There's a reason I haven't revisited my goals for 2013 for a few months. It's because I was doing a poor job of moving towards them. March and April were horrible. Trying to manage and motivate the varsity softball team was tough this year because it seemed like it rained every day. We couldn't get outside on most days and it seemed like we were never going to get any games in!

All that aside, May went well and so now I'm trying to bounce back on these goals. I can see the need for continued revisiting as a reminder of what I want 2013 to look like.


#1) Running Frequency (85% of all days)

May was awesome. The previous 2 months, not so much :(

I ran 30 out of 31 days in May. I had a mini-streak of 23 days straight. So yes, I missed a day. Grr!
My frequency for May was 96.7% That brings me up to 69.5% for the year. A far cry from where I want to be but another month or two like May and I should be back to where I want to be!

FYI, during May I ran 138 miles. That makes an average of 4.6 miles per day ran. Getting better!


#2) Goal Weight

Most of May I did awesome at this, I was down about 2 pounds (exactly on track) and then Memorial Day weekend happened. Ugh!

#3) 20:00 5k

The variables that contribute to this are looking nice right now. I wouldn't be able to do it right now, but  in July I'll be entering at least 1 5k, hopefully 2 to determine exactly where I'm at. 2 speed workouts a week though is helping. I'm putting up workouts that I haven't done in several years. All mostly pain free! Speed workouts, along with progress on goals #1 and #2 will get me there....hopefully!

#4) Grad Class

Hmm.....not so much. I am continuing to save money for this though so it might sill happen. Life happens a bit too fast for me though sometimes and some things have to be sacrificed. It could still happen before the year is up though

#5) Finish the guest room

Getting ready to start this one. No really! Sandra and I have started to cart things out of the room and have made a few purchases. This week we should get crackin' on it!

#6) Reading 3000 pages this year

Again, this spring was tough. I'm up to 712 pages read for the year though and crashing through a lot more right now :) Fun times!

#7) Clean the Basement

The finished side is looking clean! It's oped for guests if anyone needs a place in KC :)

#8) Trombone Practicing

I forgot this was a goal even. Oh geesh!

#9) Athletes at State

Hopefully I have some runners getting ready to start running this week. I have some quality talent this year, but potential only goes so far. At some point kids have to run over the summer. They have to if they want to be successful. We've talked some about making goals and trying to work towards those goals. I've made a FB page to communicate better and hopefully motivate them and encourage them as well. Some have a goal of state. Some have a goal of finishing a race. THIS is why I love XC. It's about setting appropriate goals, putting in the work and seeing the results. LOVE IT!

#10) Family Time

Memorial Day is all about family time! So this was easy during May. Time slows down in Caney, KS and allows for time to play with family members at parks, in the yard, etc. With a baby and his three young cousins, there is no shortage of people to play with :)

We also went out and watched Sumner's girls soccer team play a bit. That was super fun, even though they lost. Outings look different sometimes for teachers. They look like supporting and cheering on students. I really like this part of my job, seeing them work hard and compete. Now, if only I can get them to do that in all phases of their life. Grades! *cough* *cough*

Lastly, thanks to the baby sitting talents of Pam and Kent, Sandra and I.....wait for it...actually went out on a date WITHOUT Josiah. It's the first time that we had done that since December. Whoa!

We ate at Arthur Bryant's and finally watched Iron Man 3. Good times!

No comments: