Friday, June 22, 2007

Camping and the good Doctor

This week we were blessed with a visit from our good friend Ryan. Him and I went backpacking through the Pictured Rocks area up in the U.P. Afterwards we got a chance to hang out and chat and I showed him the local sights. We even saw the General Lee for sale in Frankenmuth!
With the previous post I totally forgot to mention the concert that Sandra and I had the chance to go to. We got to see the legendary Dr. John, who is possibly my favorite artist. For those who are not very jazz/blues educated, Dr. John is a pianist and singer whose music could be described as psychedelic/blues/voodoo jazz. Exactly. All I can say is listen to him and you'll know what I mean. If you've ever seen the movie Blues Brothers 2000, he sings the song about the voodoo queen down in LA. He also plays with the All-Star band led by Paul Shaffer. While you may not want him to have a big influence on your kids' lives, his music is simply amazing. We both had a blast as he puts on quite a show!
For anyone who has been following my recent job search, I have an interview up here for a chemistry teaching position. Finally! The market is extremely tough and the economy is pretty crummy, so I am very thankful just knowing that I have an interview (although interviews don't pay bills). We will see what Father has in store for us soon!

No comments: