Tuesday, July 17, 2007

The dog days of...summer?

So, not much to report on here in Michigan. I'm still waiting for summer to show up though. Today's weather is overcast and 73. While that might sound good to some in the SW, I admit it's a bit depressing to me. You see. I love summer. It's my favorite time of year. Not just b/c of the weather, but also b/c of the lazier attitudes people have. Things just seem to be a bit more relaxed during the warmer months and I like it! I love doing outdoor type things. I love to go swimming at the lakes and having picnics and going to ball games and outdoor concerts and camping and so on. Please summer, show up!

I have an interview tomorrow so hopefully that will go well. I may be a bit out of my league for this job position, but we'll see. I also sent in my application to a couple of more schools who had late openings. Let's pray that something comes up!

Well, it's about time to go for a run. I haven't completely decided if I'll be running the Detroit Marathon again this year, but I'm still training just in case I go for it. This week holds 26 miles Monday through Friday topped off with a 16-miler for desert on Saturday morning. Whoopee!!!

2 comments:

Kevin said...

Good luck with your interview!

Anonymous said...

I'll trade places with you. It's 92 degrees with 53% humidity here in Caney. I hate humidity with a passion that knows no bounds.

Good luck with the interview.