Wednesday, January 06, 2010

New Year's Resolutions

I really only made one resolution this year. Thus far it has only been acknowledged verbally, so I figured I should get it in writing so I can be accountable to it.

I finished 2009 nine strong by reading 2 good books "Desiring God" by John Piper and "Do Hard Things" by the Harris twins. So without further ado, my resolution is to read 1 book each month. I have a few on my list, but I need to compile a list to make a game plan to stick to. I'm starting off the year with "Uncle Tom's Cabin" Are there any suggestions for books? Things I don't read are the latest, trendies teen books. My life is surrounded by teenagers and I don't want to read their literature, unless it is truly good literature.

I'm hoping to make a list but the end of this week so I can start getting these books or locating them. I have a few books that have really influenced me and want to go back and get a couple of re-reads in!

A book a month may not sound too hard to some, but trust me, with my schedule it will be difficult. I teach upper level science at a top 100 high school in the nation. This takes a lot of time. I'm also now the science olympiad coach and the head softball coach. I'm thinking 1 book every month is pretty ambitious for me, especially since I like challenging books and not Dr. Seuss! (Although I'm always down for some Green Eggs and Ham or the Lorax)

I'll keep you posted!

No comments: