Tuesday, October 24, 2006

Sunday, Sunday, Sunday!!!

Yes, there is something special going on this Sunday. Sunday is a day fast approaching in which I will always look back upon in rememberance. Whether the memories made are for the better or the poorer is yet to be seen, but they will be memories netherless. Sunday is the day of my first marathon!
The past week I have been suffering a cold, so things could get interesting. Also motivation to train has been down right zero. It's hard to go out and run a meager 8 miles when you've already ran 20. I like challenging myself, so if the task has no challenge in it, then it is hard for me to see the value of doing it. On top of that, there is also a chance of snow that morning! Not great running weather, especially for this sun-lover :)

There are a ton of obstacles to overcome in order to call my first attempt a success, but either way, this weekend in Detroit should be a memorable one!

On another note, I found out that I may not be graduating from CMU in the spring. The really cool college that I'm attending for my Master's decided it would not offer the last three courses that I needed to take. This is in spite of these courses being on the course rotation schedule for the spring 2007 semester. Thanks CMU! You're cool!!! (sarcasm noted)

I have found two replacement courses from another university that I can transfer in. That leaves one more class that I don't know what to do about. I just sent an e-mail out to the professors pleading for someone to do an indepentdent study with me. This is not normally the way college is done becuase the professors don't get paid for it. I'm praying and hoping that someone will see the value of teaching me, seeing how they are "education" professors. Maybe after I graduate they will hire me to teach there so their work load will be lighter! (zzz...huh?...what? oh, sorry...I must have been dreaming!)

My goal for Sunday is 3:30, which is not fast enough to qualify for Boston. I figured I would just go out and have fun with this one since it is my first time. Maybe if I run well then I will have some motivation to try again. Hopefully next time at a warmer location!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow a you are brave! I'll be interested to hear how things went today. Take care!