Thursday, December 06, 2012

Christmas Songs!

It's that time of year again. Time for the cheesy Christmas songs on the radio. I used to get super excited for them. Anxiously awaiting the days b/w Halloween and Thanksgiving to see when they would start and what station was going to play them. This year, I find my tastes have switched quite a bit. Rarely does the radio play Christmas music to my tastes. But alas, I'm still a sucker for many of the standards. I like versions without words though. Particularly Jazz renditions. I also enjoy songs done by Christian artists. They know the real "reason for the season" so to speak.


So.....just for fun, I'm going to be ranking my top 12 Christmas songs along with the version. I will start on December 12th and release one a day, ending on Christmas Eve. Feel free to play along if you'd like! I will be going in reverse order so I'll start with #12. We'll call it the 12 songs of Christmas. If you do play along, feel free to post your song choices here or on FB. I will be posting in both, but might possible offer up a more in-depth explanation here. This is possibly the jump start back into blogging that I've threatened to do for sometime now.

What could be interesting is if you know me, try to make your own list for Jason and compare to see if at least you might be able to guess some of my favorites.

Alright, I've got work to do. I have to go start listening in earnest with an objective ear now :)

No comments: