Sunday, August 13, 2006

Airshow and family fun!

So the past week has a been a very busy one indeed. Last weekend was spent watching an airshow in Belleville, Michigan near Detroit. We were invited by one of Sandy's co-workers, Scott, who is an aviation fanatic. It was very exciting to go with him because who could explain everything down to the smallest little detail imaginable.
Then Sandy's family, the Morton's, drove in from Kansas to spend several days of vacation with us. We showed them some of the local attractions, but most of our time was spent in simple relaxation, catching up on each others' lives, playing games and enjoying the company of family. Sandra's brother Matt was missing from the crew as he was preparing for classes to start at K-State :( However, we were blessed with his presence already this summer when he came by himself to visit us on his way back from a Young Life camp in Minnesota where he volunteered much of his summer break.
I survived another week of teaching our Sunday school class at church today. We're in the middle of examining II Timothy and I've had the opportuity to teach a large chunk of it (4 weeks) While we never seem to have enough time to cover all that I have prepared, I really have enjoyed not just the teaching aspect, but have really enjoyed what Father has taught me in my time of preparation. For this I am very thankful.
I tossed in a couple of photos of the air show and family pics for fun!

we found a giant bronze pig!

oooh.......a stealth bomber

a rare p-51 Mustang flying over the WWII reenactment


A picture of the WWII reenactment. All of the tanks are privately owned!






The p-51 Mustang makes another pass!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Great photos! I believe the aircraft in to photo is not a P-51. The shape of the wing is wrong and it appears to have a radial engine instead of a V-12. It's hard to tell due to the low resolution, but I think it is a P-47 Thunderbolt. While not as fast or maneuverable as the Mustang, it was built like a tank.

The aircraft in the video is definitely a P-51. I love the sound of a Rolls-Royce Merlin V-12.