Thursday, August 31, 2006

Softball hurts

I guess it's been a while since I've played before this season. It hasn't been THAT long, but it has been a couple of years.

Last night we played a team who's players I'm pretty good friends with and we lost...again. The big thing is that I jacked my body up a bit while playing. I slid into second and jammed my L ankle and of course scratched up my R shin. My R shin is covered only by old scar tissue and so each time I habitually slide when I look close to being tagged out, my skin just kind of rips open. I had most of it taped up, but apparantly not enough of it. Yuck! I thought it would also be cool to make a first baseman-like stretch (even though I was playing second)to catch the ball and get the out. The problem is that unless one stretches prior to attempting such a manuever, one might tweak a groin muscle. :( Remember I'm in Michigan and it's pretty chilly up here in the evenings already. Yeah, that's it. It couldn't be that I'm just getting older, right? The runner was out however :p

Hopefully I survive the rest of the season injury free and I avoid putting my marathon training in any kind of jeopardy. Maybe this is my body's way of saying "DON'T DO IT!"

Sandra and I have most of our supplies ready to be packed for our hiking trip this weekend. I'm super excited to go treking throught the woods and even more excited that it's supposed to warm up before we get there. The low where we are going was like 40 last night. In my book this is not acceptable until at least October if not even later than that. It should be lots of fun though no matter what the weather is like.

1 comment:

kyle and carly said...

You're getting old Jay! I know what you mean about the scab that just won't heal.

Hope you guys have a great camping trip.